Applegate Trail 14: Highway 99 and Oak Street, Phoenix
This marker is located in Phoenix, on Highway 99 near the Southwest corner of the intersection of Oak Street with Highway 99. The marker was placed near the location of the Colver House (or Colver Hall). Built in 1856-57 by pioneer Samuel Colver, it was one of the oldest residences in the Rogue Valley until it was destroyed by fire in September, 2008.
This marker was installed on October 21, 1921 by the Crater Lake and Mt.Ashland Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It commemorates the 15 men who formed the party that blazed the Applegate Trail through Southern Oregon in 1846.