Newell Barber Field
Directions: The large stone monument is located in the parking lot on the east side of the Rogue Federal Credit Union, 1370 Center Drive in South Medford
North 42 degrees, 18 minutes, 29.9 seconds
West 122 degrees, 51 minutes, 16.1 seconds
This monument marks the approximate location of the south end of the Newell Barber Airport, which was Medford’s first airport. It was established in 1920 and operated until 1929. It was named for Newell Barber who lost his life in France during WW1.