Bybee Bridge and Ferry
This marker is located by crossing the Bybee Bridge on Table Rock Road and turning left into the north entrance to Touvelle Park. The marker will be found near the bridge by some trees to the left of the first picnic table.
The inscription on the marker reads:
BYBEE BRIDGE AND FERRY
The first ferry was established before 1854 by T. Thompson. It was known as Hailey’s Ferry, 1855 to 1860. William Bybee operated the ferry from 1863 to 1886, when the first Bybee bridge was constructed.