Ashland Municipal Airport
From Siskiyou Boulevard near the University, take Highway 66 (Ashland Street) out of Ashland toward Klamath Falls. In about 2 miles, turn left onto Dead Indian Memorial Road. In about 0.4 miles, turn left into the Ashland Municipal Airport, Sumner Parker Field. The dedication plaque is in the entrance to the administration building at the end of the entrance drive.
According to information on the Ashland City web site, the airport was developed by Sumner Parker, a local pilot on land owned by him. In the 1940’s it was leased to the city as a public airport. In 1964 the FAA approved the site and the city purchased the property. According to the plaque on the administration building it was designated the Sumner Parker Field in 1968. It is owned and operated by the city through the Department of Public Works.