Siskiyou Mt. Wagon Road 3: above marker 2 on private property
: Marker #3 is located approximately 1/8 mile south along the wagon road from Marker #2. It is at the site of the old toll station. In 1977, close examination of the site revealed old foundations, a cistern, etc. This maker is on private land west of the road at 5590 Old Highway 99 S. and permission should be obtained to visit it from Darren Peterson and Carol Schneider at 541-482-2276.
Marker #3 reads:
SISKIYOU WAGON ROAD COMPANY’S
ESTAB BY: MICHAEL THOMAS and ASSOC. 1858 HENRY and JESSE DOLLARHIDE 1875-1897
OWNED BY: LINDSAY APPLEGATE 1859-1870 L.D. DOLLARHIDE 1897-1915
JAMES and HENRY THORNTON 1870-1875 JACKSON COUNTY 1915
SOUTHERN OREGON HISTORICAL SOCIETY 1977