Rock Point Bridge
The Rock Point Bridge marker is reached by taking the Rock Point exit from Interstate 5, exit 43. Turn right on the Rogue River Highway. Take the first left onto Lampman Road and park under the bridge. The marker is on the downstream side of the bridge (south side of the river) in some rocks near the road.
The inscription on the marker reads:
ROCK POINT BRIDGE
The first toll bridge was built here before 1859. The wood-covered bridge at one time was operated by the Rock Point Bridge Company. It was later purchased by Jackson County and operated as a free bridge until replaced by the old Pacific Highway Bridge.