Wimer Covered Bridge


To reach the bridge, drive to the town of Rogue River and head north out of town on E. Evans Creek Road. Drive approximately 7 and a half miles to the Wimer Market. The bridge is immediately to the right of the store.

According to Wikipedia, this bridge, which crosses Evans Creek, was originally built in 1882 and replaced in 1927. It was refurbished in 1962 and again in 1985. The bridge collapsed in 2003, and 3 people were injured. In 2008 the current bridge was opened, having been constructed to look like the original bridge.

Research Date