This marker and historic site are on Highway 99. Coming from Grants Pass, it is at about mile marker 10.8, on the right. It is about 2.0 miles south of the road from Highway 99 to the Town of Rogue River.
This marker was placed in 1929 by the Crater Lake Chapter of the Daughters of the American revolution. It is near the location of Fort Birdseye (1855), and is on the Birdseye Ranch property. The original log cabin there was built in 1856.