Sexton's Tool House
This marker is located in the Jacksonville cemetery.
To find the Sexton’s Tool House Marker, enter the Jacksonville cemetery by heading west on N. E Street from N. Oregon Street. This becomes Cemetery Road. At the top of the hill where the road splits to the right and left, park in the area straight ahead and walk to the white building ahead and to the left. This is the tool house, and the marker is mounted on a stone in front of the building.
The marker explains the 1975 restoration of the original tool house, which was built in 1868. The marker was installed by the Southern Oregon Historical Society, probably in 1976.